Search This Blog

Thursday 16 February 2012

Do You Want to Write?

It is another beautiful day here in sunny Alberta! The sun has overpowered the clouds that were floating around this morning and we have another gorgeous day! It is days like these I am glad I'm not stuck in an office somewhere.

Do you want to write?

I have been working on the lessons for my writing course, and the first three are now available in the Membership Section of my website. I have the entire course outline available so members can see what all it entails, but lessons 4 - 12 need some tweaking before I will add them to the site for download. The first three will keep new members busy for a few days. I will be adding the rest of the lessons over the next week.

The lessons are as follows:


1. Finding your Niche
2. Your First Article
3. Getting Yourself Out There
4. Utilizing Blogs and Websites
5. Outlining Your First Book
6. Researching Your Topic
7. Writing Your Book
8. Editing and Final Proofing
9. Self-Publishing Your Book
10. Social Networking and Marketing
11. Book Signings and Sales
12. Wrapping It Up

I have taken a no nonsense approach to writing and want to make it as simple as possible for others who are just getting started. There are many books available on the subject, and I have read several of them. I have taken what I learned and put it into an easy to understand method of writing. The course materials are focused on books but the basic principles may be applied to anything you write, be it articles, How To manuals or books.

The best part about writing is it can be done almost anywhere. Many people have proven themselves in the writing field and work from their homes, while on vacation or while traveling abroad. I personally enjoy the fact I can work from my home office or from my garden surrounded by the sounds of the birds. It is possible when you learn the basics.

Please take a moment to review the course outline and enter comments below.

Have a great day!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment