Search This Blog

Friday 10 February 2012

Inspiration by Animals

It has been an interesting couple of weeks for me, and productive as well (considering the circumstances). With the help of my Kobo Vox, I have been able to write material and add content to my website. Typing on the computer is slowly getting easier, but I can only type for short periods. I had no idea a dislocated shoulder could cause so much pain, discomfort and damage.

This has been a good learning experience as well: lesson learned, never take anything for granted. I have always been able to do almost anything I wanted to, and suddenly having limitations has been frustrating to say the least. I am working through them and am thankful I am still able to write, even if the sessions are shorter than I would like.

I am happy to say the addition to our alpaca herd is doing well, even with our recent colder temperatures. It is good to know this cold spell will be short-lived. Seeing something so tiny and helpless come into this world and survive with minimal intervention just proves that big things can be achieved by determination. The animal kingdom has to be the biggest teacher in some aspects of life.

Inspiration also comes to me when I watch my animals. The arrival of the baby alpaca inspired and prompted an article on their care, which is now live on HubPages. I have noticed many articles and blogs inspired by or dedicated to creatures ranging from ants to zebras and everything in between. If you are at a standstill in your writing career or have hit a roadblock, visit your local zoo or arrange to visit a farm in your area. If you live out in the country and have animals, just take a walk outside and observe their behaviour. Chances are you will soon find the makings of an article or perhaps an entire e-book.

Speaking of animals, it is time for me to check on mine. Has any of your work been inspired by or about an animal? Please share and provide links if it is published online.

Have a great weekend!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment