Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Subsidize Your Writing

When a new writer is just getting started it is important to have a plan. One of the main parts of that plan should be to ensure you are still getting an income of some sort. This may mean subsidizing your writing by joining affiliate programs.

In order to utilize affiliate programs to their maximum potential, it is a good idea to have your own website or blog in place. Being a member of social media is also important as the links will not earn any money if they are not put out in front of others. The effort you put into marketing your links will determine the amount of money you earn from them. Don't just sign up for any program either - it should be related to your niche.

Amazon is a great site to have an affiliation with, as there are many different products to choose from. If your niche is crafts there are thousands of different products you can display on your site. If it is books, writing or publishing information there are thousands of books available in that niche as well. Whatever your niche, Amazon most likely has something pertaining to it.

Another popular affiliation site is ClickBank. There are thousands of digital products available for instant download, and with the right product marketing you can earn a residual income. I have purchased products from the site and have been very satisfied with what I got. The variety of products is phenomenal - everything from paying writing sites to craft and cook books.

I have had an affiliation with both of these sites for years, but am only now utilizing their product links. I have learned a lot about marketing in the past several months and have found these two sites to compliment my blogs rather than to take away from them.

If you are in need of a few extra dollars I encourage you to try one or both sites. You can earn a good income from them alone if you put in the effort. My biggest seller on Amazon is a yo-yo maker, which I have posted with one of my Hubs on HubPages.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comment section below. I am here to help you get started  in your writing career and will help every step of the way. If you have a question I am unable to answer right away I will find the answer for you.

Thanks and have a great day!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment