Search This Blog

Monday 9 January 2012

10 Sites to Submit Your Writing

I have been submitting articles online since January 2010, in addition to writing books and reports. Below is a list of 10 sites you can submit articles to. Some pay for articles directly and others pay via ad revenue shares. Either way, the exposure is beneficial to your writing career.

  1. HubPages - the first site I submitted articles to. They pay ad revenue shares for Google AdSense and the HubPages Ad Program. There is also the opportunity to earn money via Amazon, ebay and Kontera (Of the three, I am only using Amazon). The more articles you are able to submit, the better your chances of earning money. I have been with them for two years and am just now seeing the fruits of my labor. I have only submitted 43 articles so far; the trick is to submit articles regularly and aim for higher numbers. It is said that once the 50 article milestone is reached, the rewards increase as well.
  2. EzineArticles - I have submitted 6 articles here so far. They do not pay for the articles or views, but you are encouraged to add a resource box which links back to your site or blog. This allows for you to be shown as an expert in your field.
  3. Helium - one of the first sites I published on. They pay for number of times articles were viewed as well as special bonuses. The majority of the money I have earned on Helium was for titles they suggested. 
  4. Triond - I have had some reservations about submitting a lot of articles here, but am told the site is improving. There has never been an issue with payment (the payment threshold is $.50 if using PayPal) but the quality of writing has been poor. It will take work from the moderators of the site to encourage quality articles; as well as from the authors themselves.
  5. GoodBlogs - this is a site you can submit to regularly. Their FAQ page is being updated at the moment, so any information on earnings is not available. If I remember correctly, it is based on the number of times your post is voted up. I have not posted there in awhile, but I encourage you to do so if you are just starting out. 
  6. Bukisa - I haven't submitted more than an article or two here. It is a good starting point, and pays on views and ad views shares if I recall correctly.
  7. Factoidz - this site pays for article views and offers special bonuses for submissions. They are very particular about content submitted; it has to be original and helpful. Not just any type of article will do.
  8. iWriter - this is a site in which you submit articles and get paid. I have earned over $20.00 for a number of articles. The pay for each isn't the greatest, but if you are in need of some quick cash it is definitely a good place to start.
  9. Wikinut - this site pays on ad revenue shares only. If you want exposure, it is a good place to start. It gives you points for articles, invitations and participation.
  10. RedGage - this site pays for view on your content, which includes articles, photos and blog posts. It also pays special bonuses for photos. I have earned a few dollars, but haven't submitted anything new lately. They pay once $25.00 has been earned via a RedGage Pre-paid Debit Card.
These are all good places to submit articles. One thing I cannot stress enough is to be sure your articles are clearly written and as error-free as possible. That includes proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. I am sure for those of you who follow me on a regular basis I sound like a broken record, but it is vital to your success. If you wish to be hired for any freelancing or copywriting opportunities, a prospective employer is not going to contact you if your articles are full of errors.

That being said, look into the sites I have listed. You never know which one will make you the most money until you try it. Good luck!

Have a great day!

Diane

p.s. Let me know which you have signed up for. I will post your links to them to help you gain some views.

No comments:

Post a Comment