Search This Blog

Thursday 5 January 2012

New Writing Tool



As I have used my new Kobo Vox I have deemed it a new writing tool. I installed the AK Notepad app and can now write articles and blog posts away from my laptop. I am very excited as this feature will help me be more productive.

I like to write away from my desk; the combination of my Kobo and the app will eliminate the step of writing on paper then having to type it into a Word document. Using this app allows me to write on my Kobo then access my document online. It is then treated like any other document and I am able to copy and paste it into my blog. The best part is I can write anywhere, without having to carry around a notebook and pen. I am looking forward to the summer when I can spend more time outside.

In addition to writing I can quickly access any resources I need in my library; the note feature saves my document where I left off for easy access when I am ready to resume writing. Being able to save multiple notes is a big asset; if I have a great idea for an article while I'm reading a book I can simply bookmark my page and open up the notepad app. I can write down my idea for future reference then continue reading my book...all on one device.

Another great feature of the Kobo Vox is the built in dictionary. If I am unsure of how to spell a word (I must say this usually isn't a problem for me) I just have to switch screens, look up the word and go back to my notepad. I am beginning to wonder how I managed without it; and I have only had it since Christmas.

I am presuming other eReaders that have Android capabilities are just as functional as my Kobo. I know the iPad also can perform many functions and is most likely someone's writing tool as well. I am forever grateful to my partner who fulfilled my Christmas Wish List.

Have you had the opportunity to try a Kobo or other Android device for your writing? What are your thoughts on it? Please comment below.

Have a great day!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment